Tuesday 15 August 2017

What do you do at your lowest moment?

What do you do at your lowest moment?

I always plan to tell someone, but I never do. It's so hard to look at someone face to face and tell them how you feel or that you have urges to hurt yourself, kill yourself or that you just cannot cope anymore.
I have had plans, notes to myself, people I'd turn to and then not done it. I wanna know what others do?
There is a lot of support out there but I personally haven't felt confident enough to phone the Samaritans or speak to anyone at those times. I tend to close off, browse my phone sat on the sofa and look at social media and see everyone's happy photos and let that increase my feelings of depression and worthlessness. So what if I could use my phone to support myself in a helpful way....

Would an online friend or a safe place where you could get support be a valuable source to people with mental health illness?

Sometimes a friend is good enough to help bring you up enough to get through that moment. Or knowing others have been through the same and that you can to. Or perhaps an inspiring quote or story would help.

I would like to be a friend to everyone and be there 24 hours a day for the whole world but obviously this is unrealistic. So could I create a friend based support source that people can tap into when they need it and get that feeling you get when you talk to a friend but at that time you cannot access your friend or feel you cannot verbally or physically face anyone. An online friend or an App designed to be there for you. JThere4U.

1 comment:

  1. When I'm at my lowest, I tend to shut myself away and play a computer game, if I can find that motivation to. Talking to people is, as you say, hard. So I don't tend to. It would be good if there was a friend there 24/7, though sometimes I don't know if I'd reach out to them...

    ReplyDelete